Have you see our tracheostomy eLearning series? Check it out here
Interprofessional Tracheostomy Workshop
Watch this space for details of our March 2020 Workshop.
If you would your name added to our mailing list, please email [email protected]
Registrations willWatch this space for the next date
This interprofessional tracheostomy workshop is relevant to nurses, allied health professionals, and medical staff with some experience in this area. This workshop format will encompass case scenarios and problem solving. Clinicians with a basic to intermediate level of skill in tracheostomy management will be provided with an enhanced understanding of interdisciplinary tracheostomy care.
Tracheostomy Training At Your Work Place
TRAMS has developed an extensive education and training program for Austin Health staff, and also offers education and consultation to other centres.
- Establishing a Successful Tracheostomy Team
- Creating Competency Training Programs
- Tracheostomy Basics
- Tracheostomy Tube Types and Choices (including hands-on training)
- Clinical Decision Making and Troubleshooting
- Decannulation Dilemmas and Processes
- Documentation - Getting it Right
- Communication Options for Ventilated Patients
- Discharge and Management of Patients with a Long-Term Tracheostomy Tube
To discuss education and training options contact: [email protected]
Generic Tracheostomy Training
In 2019 TRAMS will be running two generic tracheostomy training days for carers working in support accommodations and residential care facilities. The dates are 20 May and 14 November 2019.
- Introduction to tracheostomy care
- Communication and swallowing with a tracheostomy
- Tracheostomy stoma care
- Emergency Management
- Practical workshops
For further details please contact: [email protected]