Tracheostomy Review and Management Service
TRAMS Mission: Exceptional Tracheostomy Care
We partner with patients, carers and experts from Australia and internationally, to ensure excellence in tracheostomy care.
We explore and adapt to the changing needs of the tracheostomy community.
We advance research and leadership within the specialist area of tracheostomy care.
Tracheostomy Patient & Family ForumWays to Wellbeing Keynote Speaker: Daniela DeFazio, Renowned Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist, Co-director of Launch Psychology
Out now! The 2nd edition of Tracheostomies: The Complete GuideNew features: 2 completely new chapters, Tracheostomy in acute airborne illness and aerosol generating procedures, Clinical scenarios weaved through most chapters with review questions at the end of each chapter.
Interprofessional Tracheostomy Workshop 2023 Registrations Open!For clinicians with a foundation to intermediate level of tracheostomy care experience in the adult population.
Available to Pre-order!The fully revised 3rd edition of Communication and Swallowing Management of Tracheostomized and Ventilator Dependent Individuals is an essential tool for both experienced clinicians and those working to enhance their problem-solving skills with tracheostomized and ventilator-dependent individuals.
Read our latest publication!Read our latest publication highlighting a multidisciplinary approach to verbal communication Interventions for mechanically ventilated adults with a tracheostomy.
The TRAMS team
TRAMS team coordinates tracheostomy care, centre wide tracheostomy policies, education and data collection across Austin Health and into the community.
Patients and families work closely with TRAMS in all aspects of the program. The core TRAMS team consists of specialist Doctors, Nurses, Speech Pathologists and Physiotherapists.
- Inpatient tracheostomy care
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care, education, policy & procedure and data collection
- Community based tracheostomy care
- Discharge to home or residential facility
- Ongoing tracheostomy support and care
- Patient and Family Forums
- International collaboration and leadership
- Lead Asian Pacific site for the Global Tracheostomy Collaborative (GTC)
- Participation in recruitment for GTC, member hospital support, database design and education, International Tracheostomy Symposium
News and events
TRAMS Interdisciplinary Tracheostomy Workshop
WATCH THIS SPACEJoin the mailing list by emailing [email protected]