Tracheostomy Review and Management Service
TRAMS Mission: Exceptional Tracheostomy Care
We partner with patients, carers and experts from Australia and internationally, to ensure excellence in tracheostomy care.
We explore and adapt to the changing needs of the tracheostomy community.
We advance research and leadership within the specialist area of tracheostomy care.
6th International Tracheostomy SymposiumThe premier event for tracheostomy specialists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, patients and families to grow and learn together. #ITS6
Pina Tuteri’s storyAn accomplished musician, Pina describes what it was like to have a tracheostomy tube and the importance of having a team caring for her across her acute and rehabilitation journey.
The TRAMS team
TRAMS team coordinates tracheostomy care, centre wide tracheostomy policies, education and data collection across Austin Health and into the community.
Patients and families work closely with TRAMS in all aspects of the program. The core TRAMS team consists of specialist Doctors, Nurses, Speech Pathologists and Physiotherapists.
- Inpatient tracheostomy care
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care, education, policy & procedure and data collection
- Community based tracheostomy care
- Discharge to home or residential facility
- Ongoing tracheostomy support and care
- Patient and Family Forums
- International collaboration and leadership
- Lead Asian Pacific site for the Global Tracheostomy Collaborative (GTC)
- Participation in recruitment for GTC, member hospital support, database design and education, International Tracheostomy Symposium
News and events
6th International Tracheostomy Symposium
TRAMS Interdisciplinary Tracheostomy Workshop
WATCH THIS SPACEPlease note that this workshop is only open to Austin and external staff.